There is a well-known vast collection of PDFs on The PDF Drive. It has been estimated that they hold about 77 million PDF files. Files can be browsed, read, and even downloaded by anyone. By uploading PDF files to their website, users can also contribute to the platform. Because of this, some individuals believe that Google Drive and PDF Drive share the same features. However, the two are actually dissimilar. In addition to some other pertinent material in PDF format, PDF Drive offers how-to guidelines for adding PDF files to Google Drive. Does that make sense?
Today, Google Drive has become one of the most popular ways for people to access their personal and business files online. It makes it so easy to manage your files from one spot. And with the variety of online storage options out there, adding a PDF file to Google Drive is as simple as clicking a button. However, if you’re unsure how to do this, keep reading.
What is a PDF File?
A PDF file is actually a file format that enables you to store information just like a document but only stored in a form that is optimized for the web. This means that when you view the file on your computer, your computer’s software will interpret it as if it were a normal file type. A PDF can be composed of pictures, tables, graphs, and many more. People nowadays prefer PDF because of its versatility that it can be read, viewed, and downloaded into any device. A smartphone, tablet, desktop, and computer can be used to view PDF files.
How to Add a PDF To Google Drive?
You can add a PDF file to your Google Drive account by selecting its “File” option in the account menu, or by clicking the “+” button on the upper-right-hand corner of the Google Drive homepage. From there, you can list the files that you want to add, or simply create a new list. Once you select the file, you can either select the “Upload” option to start the file transfer process or choose “Open in Drive” to access the file directly from your computer.
How to Access Your Google Drive Files Online?
Once you’ve added a PDF to Google Drive, you can access it from any computer with Google Drive installed. And here’s what you need to do:
To access your files online, log into your Google Account. And then, go to the “ Files” section. From there, you can view, edit, delete, or share your files with anyone online.
What Are The Other Files You Can Upload On Google Drive?
Depending on the type of file you want to upload, Google Drive supports a range of different files. Here are some examples of other files you can upload:
- Images – You can upload images and photos to your Google Drive so you can access them from any device.
- PowerPoints – You can upload PowerPoint presentations and view them within your account.
- Word Documents – You can upload Word documents so you can access them from any device.
- Spreadsheets – You can upload spreadsheets and view them from any device with an internet connection.
- Google Docs – You can upload documents created with Google Docs so you can view and edit them from any device.
Tips On Uploading Files On Google Drive
Uploading files to your Google Drive is a simple process, but there are a few things to keep in mind so you can make the most of your account. Here are some tips to keep in mind when uploading files to your Google Drive account.
- You can upload almost any type of file to your Drive.
- You can create folders to organize your files.
- Uploading a file creates a copy of that file. If you want to keep a copy of your file, make sure you download it before you upload it to your Drive.
- If you want to share your Drive files with others, you can do so by clicking on the “Share” button.
- If you want to see all of your files, you can do so by clicking on the “My Drive” button and selecting “Drive”. You can also access the same files by logging in to your account on the Google Drive website and clicking on “Files”.
- You can download your files from your Drive by clicking on the “New Folder” button, creating a folder, and selecting the files you want to download.
- You can share your Drive files with others by clicking on the “Share” button and then clicking on “Share with people”.
Should You Delete Your PDFs on Google Drive?
There’s probably a reason you’ve been storing your content in PDF format for so long. Although the ease of online storage may initially seem appealing, going digital and storing your files on a cloud-based service like Dropbox and Google Drive may end up being simpler in the long term. However, if you’re still storing your material as PDFs and are continually faced with a ton of files to filter over, you might want to think about hiring a specialized file-storage solution. These service helps you to save your files in the best possible form, provide data recovery options in the event of a problem, and typically offer a free membership that enables you to keep a single file at a time and read it in a program like Google Sheets or Google Docs. You can always get in touch with us and we’ll let you swiftly delete your PDFs from Google Drive if you’re seeking a straightforward method to do so. But, are you prepared to discard that pile of papers?
The question is, should you add a PDF to Google Drive? The answer is yes. It’s a great way to share your research papers or any other type of documents with colleagues or students who you want to keep up with, without having to email them the file. Although it’s not the best option for retaining the originality of content, it’s the easiest way to add a PDF to your account. So, if you have a habit of adding inappropriate files to Google Drive, or you just don’t feel like signing a permission slip whenever you add a file, it’s time to consider changing your ways. Now, go ahead and add that PDF to Google Drive. You can do so with confidence knowing that it will be stored securely in the cloud — and that you can access it anytime, anywhere, via the internet.