Google Docs and Google Sheets are the two most popular office suite apps for Android. They offer a wide range of features that makes them perfect for managing your work. If you use Google services such as Gmail, Google Chrome, or YouTube, it’s almost certain you already have these apps installed on your smartphone or tablet. But what if you don’t? What if you just want to get these apps so you can start working right away? Well, we have good news for you! The good thing is that getting this software is ridiculously simple too. If you are reading this PDF Drive How-to Guide now, then we can safely assume that you do not know how to add a file to Drive. Well, fret not because we’re here to explain everything in detail. Keep reading and learn how to put PDF files into Drive so that they are available at your fingertips from any computer or device with an internet connection.
How to Put PDF Files Into Google Drive: 3 Quick Tips Before You Start
Before we dive into the tutorial and explain how to put PDF files into Google Drive, it’s important to know some quick tips that will make the whole process much easier for you. First and foremost, you don’t need to be an IT expert to get these apps installed on your computer. So, let’s get started!
- If you currently use Google Drive on your desktop or laptop, you can skip this step. However, if you only use it on your phone or tablet, then you can use the same account on your computer. For example, if you use Gmail, Calendar, or Drive on your Android phone and computer, you can use that same account on your computer.
- You can also get this software on your phone or tablet. However, we highly recommend using the computer version as it is much easier.
- If you don’t have a Google account yet, create one while you are here. You only need an email address to sign in.
Works with Any File Type
When you add files to Google Drive, they are accessible from any computer, phone, tablet, or Chromebook with an internet connection. This includes computers running on macOS and Windows. This means you can upload documents of any type, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF, and images. For example, you can upload Microsoft Office files and documents as well as images from your photo library. Google Drive supports all common document formats, so you can be sure that your files will be readable by anyone with an internet connection.
4 Easy Steps to Follow
Here’s how you can add a PDF file to your Google account and make them available on any computer or mobile device with an internet connection. Let’s get started:
Step 1: Install Google Drive on your Computer
In order to use Google Drive, you need to have an account on the computer where you want to add files to Drive. This will give you easy access to your files from any device with an internet connection. Although you can use the mobile version of the software, we highly recommend using the desktop version as it is much easier to use. So, the first thing you need to do is to install Google Drive on your computer. You can do this by downloading the Google Chrome browser or going to https://drive.google.com/drive/ on your computer. Google Drive is now installed on your computer. You can now open it and sign in with your Google account.
Step 2: Sign in to your Google Account on your Computer
Once you have the Google Drive app installed on your computer, you need to sign in to your account. This will allow you to sync files with Drive on other devices with an internet connection. First, open the Google Drive app on your computer. If you have not already done so, make sure you have installed the app. Next, sign in to your account with the Google account you used when you downloaded the app. This can be an existing Gmail account or a new one. If you’re creating a new one, make sure that you fill in the information correctly. Please, don’t use the password you already had with your other social media accounts. It’s much safer to create different passwords for each account. Once you are signed in, you will see your files in the app. You can also manage other settings from here.
Step 3: Upload the Document to Google Drive with PDF Tool
Now that you have your Google Drive account set up, let’s learn how to add a PDF file to your account. If you have a PDF file that you would like to upload, you can use a PDF tool to convert it to a Google Doc or Sheets file and then send it to your account. Here’s how you can use this PDF tool to create a PDF file in a PDF tool and then upload it to Google Drive:
- First, download the PDF tool on your phone and computer.
- Once the tool has finished installing, sign in to the tool with your credentials.
- Launch the tool and select “Convert/Download from PDF” from the menu.
- Next, select the file you want to convert and click “Start.”
- Once done, click “save.”
Step 4: Add PDF File to Google Drive with PDF Tool
- Once your file is downloaded and converted to PDF, you can use the PDF tool to send it to your account on Google Drive. Here’s how:
- First, open the PDF tool on your computer and click the “Open” button.
- Select the PDF file you want to download and click “Open.”
- Now you need to select the Google Drive option from the drop-down menu.
- Once you have done that, click “Next.”
- Then, select “Add.”
- Once done, tap the “save” button.
- Now, check out if your file is on your Drive account.
Adding documents to Google Drive is easy and convenient. Once you have the software installed, you can access your files from any computer or device with an internet connection. You can also share files with anyone online or offline and make changes to them anytime. If you have any questions or encounter any issues, don’t hesitate to contact Google online. They have excellent customer support and will be able to assist you during business hours.